Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

Speeding cub chais

julian

Speeding cub chais

Post by julian on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Every time I ride my bike I seem to get over taken by cub chais fairly often. Shocked I normally cruise at 110-120kmh and still get over taken by them. Am I riding too slow or are they freaking fast? Man chics on cub chais too overtake me What a Face

Any of you guys ride as slow as me?

whizurai

Re: Speeding cub chais

Post by whizurai on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:31 pm

I think that's normal. We get to see Kancils and Vivas overtaking BMWs and Merc all the time.
    Try this, next time you're on the road, count every kapchai you overtake vs kapcai overtaking you. You'll feel much better seeing the stats.

jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:18 am

what the heck are you doing cruising 120kmh on the kips!? are u serious?

ok just kidding... oh well, i take my sweet time whenever im in the mood enjoying good weathers or scenery... i don't see any trouble being overtaken.... im always overtaken by bicycle too lol...

theres 3 lanes on the highway, the indivudual speed preference differs, just because the vehicle is capable of doing 200kmh doesnt indicate the rider should ride at that speed all the time.... ride safe bro, ignore those dudes, as a zx150 rider, we are prone to threats from many kapcais, just ignore them.

asrolsani

Post by asrolsani on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 am

highway... my normal speed 130~140kmh... more than that...kecut ooo...
    been blown up by wind etc
    in my opinion... don't shy lah... keep your own pace and capability...
    i don't care been overtook by kapcai..... i know my limit

jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:58 am

speaking of which... my speedo has been broken for well over a week.... in which this period, i notice nobody is overtaking me... only me overtaking on the fast lane... bad luck went to kawa today and they're closed... sigh...

dangerous to ride without speedo lol, keep shifting and without realising it... whoala... final gear @ 10.5k rpm lol.

asrolsani

Post by asrolsani on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:21 am

jayjeffrey wrote:speaking of which... my speedo has been broken for well over a week.... in which this period, i notice nobody is overtaking me... only me overtaking on the fast lane... bad luck went to kawa today and they're closed... sigh...

dangerous to ride without speedo lol, keep shifting and without realising it... whoala... final gear @ 10.5k rpm lol.
    waa... so fast broken already....
    truely play top speed all the time

jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:41 am

im not sure the problem lies where as well...checked at nearby regular workshops, apparently the cable is working fine... had to have it checked at kawa since its still under warranty... hope nothing to bad lol...

julian

Post by julian on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:56 am

asrolsani wrote:
    jayjeffrey wrote:speaking of which... my speedo has been broken for well over a week.... in which this period, i notice nobody is overtaking me... only me overtaking on the fast lane... bad luck went to kawa today and they're closed... sigh...

waa... so fast broken already....
    truely play top speed all the time

hi ya.... I think your bike took too many spills oredi that's why your speedo kaput. Anyway I cruise at 110-120km to enjoy the ride. When wanna shiok sendiri then 140-160km but then like asrolsani says at that speed kecut a bit. the winds would then be too strong blowing my head left and right unless I duck down.

jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:41 pm

hmm... wind issues are normal... from my observation, winds coming during mid>heavy traffic is ok, because it is still predictable(eg.passing/being passed by lorry or busses), scariest part is in big highways with minimal traffic... sudden surge of wind out of nowhere lol...

jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:42 pm

went to kawa yesterday and closed too !!! seriously, no luck with them. a4 paper on gate says "closed on monday - company trip" wtf...

gammafiber

Post by gammafiber on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:58 pm

To add in diffrent perspectives, how fast does a cub chais can go nowdays.
    They seems able to go faster&faster since the days of EX5 dominance. Is it safe to go that fast on a cub?!

wadin

Post by wadin on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:12 pm

helu...
    Aku nak belajar tulis dalam english ni:)
    In my opinion, in the event there is a small motorcycle with a high-speed beside me. I was smart(buat pandai je:))
    they are not my level , the category distinction. Our bike 150cc. they are not my Rival. I look stupid if they join speeding ....
    Like driving a wira 1.8 GSR testing speeding with the Porsche 911 turbo .... would you crazy enough or stupid enough....think my brother

safe ride

asrolsani

Post by asrolsani on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:04 pm

jayjeffrey wrote:went to kawa yesterday and closed too !!! seriously, no luck with them. a4 paper on gate says "closed on monday - company trip" wtf...

u should call them 1st

ranjau_berduri

Post by ranjau_berduri on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:35 am

120km/h is enough for me.....

jayjeffrey

Post by jayjeffrey on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:43 am

who would have expected them to go for a company trip on a USUAL WORKING MONDAY !!! sobs....

bro.... ex5 = 4k / kawa = 9k
    wira GSR = RM20k / porche 911 = 500k (the cheapest available)

These 2 are not even a comparison bro ~_~"
    BUT!!! i can tail a 911 turbo with my waja(GSR 1.8 2.8bar boost and many heavy mods...), too bad my speed maxed out at 275kmh, thats where he smoked me further lol...

wadin

Post by wadin on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:08 pm

helu....
    yep right mr jayjeffrey.different categories different approach:). sometime they forget, keep cool. 1.8 GSR one of the best:). 2.8psi hi boost bro:)... just share, my favourite old school is b8 interplay not 180 but 210:)
    Safe riding:)

ezra

Post by ezra on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:08 am

There was one time i ride 160kph along LDP towards sepang/salak tinggi then saw ERL train on the left overtaking me Shocked

ride safe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:36 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:36 pm