Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS


    Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Share

    julian

    Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by julian on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:20 pm

    Hi all,
    I would love a bigger bike but can't afford one. But when I see one on the road my saliva would drip like rain. My question is would any of you guys upgrade your KIPS for a 250ninja? If YES, why. If NO, why as well. Hope to get all of your feedback.

    If I ever get one, it would be a second hand 2 or 3 year old one What a Face

    cheers.

    asrolsani

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by asrolsani on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:23 pm

    NO.. not 250
    at least er-6...

    asrolsani

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by asrolsani on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:30 pm

    buying is 1 thing...
    maintain is another thing....
    sbk maintenance will cost u bomb
    so... if u thing u can't afford to buy sbk.... you won't afford to maintain it...


    Last edited by asrolsani on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Fendi3z

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by Fendi3z on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:30 pm

    Not Recommended! Better upgraded to ER series or higher CC's..
    But, depends on ur budjet la kan.

    kr150c87

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by kr150c87 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:32 pm

    yes i would get a latest ninja 250 EFI , and ride with it, fuel efficency,proven stability and performance for beginners to superbike world, and support green enviroment. as u noe 250's parrarel twin are torque and great for riding/convoy on hills, that i will do if i got that budget, then later once used got somemore budget go for ZX6R ..supersports. Cheers!

    turbonoshayabusa

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by turbonoshayabusa on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:16 pm

    Get yourself a Hayabusa and try not to get killed on it.....

    julian

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by julian on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:42 pm

    kr150c87 wrote:yes i would get a latest ninja 250 EFI , and ride with it, fuel efficency,proven stability and performance for beginners to superbike world, and support green enviroment. as u noe 250's parrarel twin are torque and great for riding/convoy on hills, that i will do if i got that budget, then later once used got somemore budget go for ZX6R ..supersports. Cheers!


    wah looks like you are the only one who who go for the 250 What a Face
    the other guys ask to go for bigger cc . hehehe would love to but no license and I dont wanna put a "P" on my bike.

    Thanks to all who responded so quickly. Looks like I am gonna stick with my KIPS until I strike lottery cheers

    Matthew

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by Matthew on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:02 pm

    For now my kips giving me a proper riding and maintaning experience ..so when i upgrade to bigger bike my pay should equal to it,...then we shall see

    gammafiber

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by gammafiber on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:55 pm

    For me only if there is inline 250 coming in, i like the vroom2 ortherwis stick to your cheap to maintain preng2..

    Jebat_Mka.75

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by Jebat_Mka.75 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:32 am

    julian wrote:
    kr150c87 wrote:yes i would get a latest ninja 250 EFI , and ride with it, fuel efficency,proven stability and performance for beginners to superbike world, and support green enviroment. as u noe 250's parrarel twin are torque and great for riding/convoy on hills, that i will do if i got that budget, then later once used got somemore budget go for ZX6R ..supersports. Cheers!


    wah looks like you are the only one who who go for the 250 What a Face
    the other guys ask to go for bigger cc . hehehe would love to but no license and I dont wanna put a "P" on my bike.

    Thanks to all who responded so quickly. Looks like I am gonna stick with my KIPS until I strike lottery cheers
    It is actually depends on you yourself bro...listen to what your heart demand but think wisely...do not regret on the decision that you have made later...Try to satisfy yourself by making the right decision...If you think that you can afford a bigger bike...then go for it...if not...just maintain the bike that you currently rode...Cheers...

    turbonoshayabusa

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by turbonoshayabusa on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 pm

    Jebat_Mka.75 wrote:
    julian wrote:
    kr150c87 wrote:yes i would get a latest ninja 250 EFI , and ride with it, fuel efficency,proven stability and performance for beginners to superbike world, and support green enviroment. as u noe 250's parrarel twin are torque and great for riding/convoy on hills, that i will do if i got that budget, then later once used got somemore budget go for ZX6R ..supersports. Cheers!


    wah looks like you are the only one who who go for the 250 What a Face
    the other guys ask to go for bigger cc . hehehe would love to but no license and I dont wanna put a "P" on my bike.

    Thanks to all who responded so quickly. Looks like I am gonna stick with my KIPS until I strike lottery cheers
    It is actually depends on you yourself bro...listen to what your heart demand but think wisely...do not regret on the decision that you have made later...Try to satisfy yourself by making the right decision...If you think that you can afford a bigger bike...then go for it...if not...just maintain the bike that you currently rode...Cheers...

    My heart is saying BMW S1000RR but my wallet is saying Belang 150...hahahahahahahahahaha!

    alep

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by alep on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:23 am

    below 250 cc personally I ranked the bike which :
    1. zx 250r 4 inline cylinder ~ 45hp
    2. kips 150 ~ 30hp
    3.250r EFI 2 par cylinder ~ 30hp
    4.ap125 ~ 33hp
    3.mito sp525 ~ 28hp

    the rank takes attributes of power, affordability, scarcity of sparepart and cost of maintainance

    turbonoshayabusa

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by turbonoshayabusa on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:27 am

    alep wrote:below 250 cc personally I ranked the bike which :
    1. zx 250r 4 inline cylinder ~ 45hp
    2. kips 150 ~ 30hp
    3.250r EFI 2 par cylinder ~ 30hp
    4.ap125 ~ 33hp
    3.mito sp525 ~ 28hp

    the rank takes attributes of power, affordability, scarcity of sparepart and cost of maintainance

    You forgot to add in one really important thing....WEIGHT....morover, these are claimed HP from manufacturers, which are 99% of the time, BS...

    alep

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by alep on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 am

    turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    alep wrote:below 250 cc personally I ranked the bike which :
    1. zx 250r 4 inline cylinder ~ 45hp
    2. kips 150 ~ 30hp
    3.250r EFI 2 par cylinder ~ 30hp
    4.ap125 ~ 33hp
    3.mito sp525 ~ 28hp

    the rank takes attributes of power, affordability, scarcity of sparepart and cost of maintainance

    You forgot to add in one really important thing....WEIGHT....morover, these are claimed HP from manufacturers, which are 99% of the time, BS...

    U r right, espcially weight-power ratio, thanks..

    ranjau_berduri

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by ranjau_berduri on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:32 am

    turbonoshayabusa wrote:

    My heart is saying BMW S1000RR but my wallet is saying Belang 150...hahahahahahahahahaha!
    i like belang.... muahahaha...

    julian

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by julian on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:51 am

    ali_wng wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:

    My heart is saying BMW S1000RR but my wallet is saying Belang 150...hahahahahahahahahaha!
    i like belang.... muahahaha...

    I guess that's why we all ended up with the KIPS
    - K ena jaga poket cheers
    - I deal for town & highways cheers
    - P owerful in it's class cheers
    - S tylish as well cheers

    asrolsani

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by asrolsani on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:14 pm

    julian wrote:
    I guess that's why we all ended up with the KIPS
    - K ena jaga poket cheers
    - I deal for town & highways cheers
    - P owerful in it's class cheers
    - S tylish as well cheers

    kr150c87

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by kr150c87 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:46 pm

    I dun agree with stylish..cos KIPS was the first model..People name it Moto Petak .i like petak. Super KIPS KRR ZX150 ,is the stylish model..and lately become more "Panas" nowadays.so be careful..park safe.~!

    ezra

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by ezra on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:45 am

    I'll buy ninja 250 when secondhand price goes 10k. At the moment mostly 16k, can buy 1996 rs250 + 1 year maintenance bounce

    jayjeffrey

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by jayjeffrey on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:42 am

    nope... difference are too minor to pay double the price... not practical. Furthermore, parts are expensive too. No doubt, its a good bike, but practical for mostly western countries, in malaysia, bikes like thesed are overtaxed. In aussie, students can easily own any 600-1000cc bikes, in malaysia, its a luxury where only the higher income category can afford one... which is why u don't see kips in western countries.

    kr150c87

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by kr150c87 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:37 pm

    a common phrase says it all,

    What You pay is what you Get,

    Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

    mahaza88

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by mahaza88 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:35 pm

    For me, an upgrade from Kips to 250 ninja is definite no no.
    Kips and say, z250 has about the same 30HP with KIPs weighing far lighter than the 250.
    Thought the 250 might look and feel a bigger bike (more comfort too) , its a matter of time (not very long, I'll bet)when you'll be wishing you had a more powerful
    bike.

    Finance permitting, I would get at least an ER6 or 2nd hand Honda CBR600F2 or F3.


    jayjeffrey

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by jayjeffrey on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:50 pm

    yup.... would be gong for er6 as well, since it is the most affordable 650cc class available in msia..

    alep

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by alep on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:29 pm

    jayjeffrey wrote:yup.... would be gong for er6 as well, since it is the most affordable 650cc class available in msia..

    in my opinion, cbr f4i is my choice, yr 2002 rm43k-45k, fc is very savvy, not really hard to maintain unless u got into accident but roadtax????rm2++ plus insurance rm1500-rm1600, total around rm1800, my choice but still cannot afford it

    alldisc

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by alldisc on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:05 pm

    i would not like to talk about what is my favourite bike and choice here since it will be off topic.

    possibilties of me upgrading to a 250? yes but only if

    1. any 250 in-line four makes a comeback e.g. ZXR250 and the pricing must be attracttive ie below 20K. it can be a CBR250, or a YZF250 but cannot be a twin cylinder. not worth it.

    2. its not a 4 inline, then the price should be around 10K. if only blade is cheaper.

    otherwise, i will stick to my kips. just like the past 11 years.
    i would not write about any bike that is out of reach. there is no point of daydreaming. I do not foresee as of now that i could afford a 1-litre bike. even if pakatan rakyat takes over the govt from BN. its not going to be easy.
    if i like a bike, i just buy a bike magazine and can look satisfy-satisfy (boleh tengok puas-puas!)

    Sponsored content

    Re: Would anyone upgrade to 250 ninja?

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:00 am


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:00 am