Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

Advice to change the "Ayam Brand" chain from Kawasaki.

pltang

Advice to change the "Ayam Brand" chain from Kawasaki.

Post by pltang on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi to everyone, Happy CNY and for those not celebrating CNY, happy long holiday.

For the past 2 years, I have been having a lot of problem from the original chain and sprocket from my ZX 150. As a lot of Kippers says that the original chain is "Ayam Brand". The chain give out a lot of funny noise and it slow down the bike when you change gear or de-celerate. I have been put up with this rubbish for the past 2 years because I "kedekut-lah".
    Before CNY, I went to A-Cheng motor shop and somehow or rather he'jampi" me into changing to a new set of sprocket and chain. Total cost RM100.
    After the change, my bike was transform from a worm Crying or Very sad to a dragon Laughing .
    So, all out there who has not change your chain, do it now and you would not regret.

PL Tang sunny

asrolsani

Re: Advice to change the "Ayam Brand" chain from Kawasaki.

Post by asrolsani on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:07 pm

worm to dragon What a Face

mind to share what brand & size u used?
    brand? DID, SSS, RK, RKM
    with or without o-ring?
    saiz? 428, 520...
    spoket set saiz? etc 14/39 (standard), or other size

khor

Post by khor on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:51 pm

i pun baru dua hari je tukaq spoket dan rantai, yg ori tu dah out, bunyi macam2 keluar... i pakai rantai 428 RK-M yg kotak kuning punya, spoket depan 15T RK-M gak, belakang 41T cap 5 bintang kot tak silap i, tapi label ada tulis utk kawa KR150 la kat plastic tu.. total cost RM70 siap pasang.. boleh tahan gak... memang sedap la rasa, lain macam je dr yg 520 rantai ori tu.. senyap je bila bergerak.. Laughing

sekian mekasih.. Very Happy

gojoil

Post by gojoil on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:46 pm

nak tau gak apa resipi sproket till become worm to dragon..i like dragon than worm..fire..fire..

Matthew

Post by Matthew on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:34 am

I got changed my sproket by Ah cheng to so even my bike is kinda dragoning now huhuhu.. lol!

turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:53 am

If Ah Cheng changed it, then it would be 428 RKM. Sprockets would be ranging from 41/15, 40/15 or 39/15... the reason people feel 'dragoning' is A. Because they are so used to a heavy 520 chain B. They have been riding all this while with a screwed up chain. In fact I just changed my chain and sprockets 2 days ago of my FXR which is long shagged and the bike FELT it gained another 10rwhp! A well known GP125 team has once said a badly lubed chain will cost you 2-3rwhp and that is alot. In fact that is a 5% loss. And the things they do to get 1rwhp... Can you imagine how many rwhp it's gonna cost us with a screwed up chain? Your chain is your final drive, the only thing that transfers the power from the crank to your rear wheel. If that is screwed, your rwhp numbers will end up the same too......

Last edited by turbonoshayabusa on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Matthew

Post by Matthew on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:12 am

True that.. i have experience this drag feeling whenever my bike chain is lose or to tight..so evenly spread oil and tension also constant check will get you that Horsepower add on...

turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:34 am

Matthew wrote:
    True that.. i have experience this drag feeling whenever my bike chain is lose or to tight..so evenly spread oil and tension also constant check will get you that Horsepower add on...

Not "horsepower add on" but rather the efficiency to transfer power from the crank to the rear wheel...

gojoil

Post by gojoil on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:56 pm

i think the dragon power from aceng hand transfer to the chain and sprocket..kih..kih..

Matthew

Post by Matthew on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:27 am

[quote="turbonoshayabusa"][quote="Matthew"]
    True that.. i have experience this drag feeling whenever my bike chain is lose or to tight..so evenly spread oil and tension also constant check will get you that Horsepower add on...[/quote]

Not "horsepower add on" but rather the efficiency to transfer power from the crank to the rear wheel...[/quote]

I see..thats right now i get the point... geek

pltang

Post by pltang on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:12 pm

asrolsani wrote:worm to dragon What a Face

brand? DID, SSS, RK, RKM
    with or without o-ring?
    saiz? 428, 520...

Salam from PL Tang
    I've checked my bike.
    Rear/back sprocket is RKM 428 - 39 ( I guess 39 stand for 39 batang gigi)
    Chain is RKM 428H. Tak-ada o-ring. Kalau nak 0-ring, it will be RM200++.
    Front sprocket cannot see, I guess 15 gigi.

The more I ride the more "DRAGON" i feel. I guess the chain has settle-in. So guys, kumpul your RM100 and change to Kawasaki KIP aka Dragon KIPs.

Jangan terlalu "dragon"-nya. Nanti makan jalan tar, jangan salah saya ia????

pltang

Post by pltang on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Matthew wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Not "horsepower add on" but rather the efficiency to transfer power from the crank to the rear wheel...

Salam from PL Tang,

Since we have solved the power transfer crank - rear wheel, any suggestion to add more "horse-power" Embarassed , heh..heh...
    Can I reduce tyre size to reduce the weight? What is the right size. I am still using the "Ayam Brand" tyre with tube inside from the so-called Original from Kawasaki. I guess Kawasaki has drop their standards, a lot of "Ayam Brand" parts.

Oh-yeah, the exhaust sucks too. I have been spraying black paint to reduce rust. Ah-Cheng recommend to throw away the Catalyst coverter. I guess the catalyst coverter is too hot. But, I try to be eco-friendly. Any idea? Twisted Evil No

gojoil

Post by gojoil on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:37 pm

pltang wrote:
    Matthew wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Salam from PL Tang,

Since we have solved the power transfer crank - rear wheel, any suggestion to add more "horse-power" Embarassed , heh..heh...
    Can I reduce tyre size to reduce the weight? What is the right size. I am still using the "Ayam Brand" tyre with tube inside from the so-called Original from Kawasaki. I guess Kawasaki has drop their standards, a lot of "Ayam Brand" parts.

Oh-yeah, the exhaust sucks too. I have been spraying black paint to reduce rust. Ah-Cheng recommend to throw away the Catalyst coverter. I guess the catalyst coverter is too hot. But, I try to be eco-friendly. Any idea? Twisted Evil No
    good.eco-friendly.i think the way to throw away the catalyst converter is the best solution for that problem.if you think carefully, when you spray your exaust the paint it shelf have some chemical i dont know what they call will be increased the polution as well.think about that.

turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:57 pm

pltang wrote:
    Matthew wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Salam from PL Tang,

Eco-friendly? Then you got the wrong bike. A 2 stroke is NEVER eco-friendly. Don't waste your time with the stock exhaust, get a YYPang or the likes of it and save tonnes of weight while adding noticable power too. And at least your bike will sound like a 2 stroke. Appropriate tire sizes will be 100/70(R) and 90/80(F). Anything bigger will be extra weight to your bike because of the unusable sides. But some people do go for larger tires for the looks though. Ask the old man to advance your ignition timing when changing your exhaust and you will have a totally different bike from stock. Smile Portings and larger carbs are the next stage...

pltang

Post by pltang on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:08 am

turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    pltang wrote:
    Matthew wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Salam from PL Tang,

Eco-friendly? Then you got the wrong bike. A 2 stroke is NEVER eco-friendly. Don't waste your time with the stock exhaust, get a YYPang or the likes of it and save tonnes of weight while adding noticable power too. And at least your bike will sound like a 2 stroke. Appropriate tire sizes will be 100/70(R) and 90/80(F). Anything bigger will be extra weight to your bike because of the unusable sides. But some people do go for larger tires for the looks though. Ask the old man to advance your ignition timing when changing your exhaust and you will have a totally different bike from stock. Smile Portings and larger carbs are the next stage...

Salam from PL Tang,

Point taken. None of the items on earth are eco friendly unless they are are dead. Especially- 2 stroke engine and HOMO SAPIEN. We can only reduce the impact and hope god will bless us on 23 Dec 2012.

Yeah, previously, I own an old purple-black colour kips with purple sport rim. The sound is amazing. The sound of the new bike sucks (ZX150R). Even my sister in-law says that is sound like a kitten :sleep in a green giant body : It really hurt my feeling until today.

May I know how much would a YYPang exhaust costs including installation?
    Advancing the ignition timing would be good. I guess I leave the porting and larger carbs out as I would like "dragoning" my bike but does not want to Makan the Tar road. I am in my mid-40, my skeleton cannot take high impact anymore.

Good day.

turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:45 pm

The YY Pang and the advancing of the ignition timing will cost give or take RM500... Smile

Matthew

Post by Matthew on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:07 am

By the way by advancing the ignition timing..what results you get and basicly what is that will be tempered on the bike??

turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:08 am

Matthew wrote:
    By the way by advancing the ignition timing..what results you get and basicly what is that will be tempered on the bike??

Welding on your pick-up pulsor on your magneto. Results will be felt compared to what you feel if you don't advance it especially with a big ass pipe like the YYPang... Smile You haven't advanced yours bro?

pltang

Post by pltang on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:42 am

gojoil wrote:
    pltang wrote:
    Matthew wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Salam from PL Tang,

good.eco-friendly.i think the way to throw away the catalyst converter is the best solution for that problem.if you think carefully, when you spray your exaust the paint it shelf have some chemical i dont know what they call will be increased the polution as well.think about that.

Aiyoo!!!!! Kalau eco friendly up to that level. Better sell the bike and buy a bicycle-lah... heh...heh...

Matthew

Post by Matthew on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:39 am

Oso ok what...can use the colour2 one trend oso today aite..plus its an exercise..

CookieMonster

Post by CookieMonster on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Bro,
    Wats the difference between the 520 & 428 size chains besides the thickness?
    Which one better? Pros N cons please.. Changing soon.. Wink
    Thanks.

pltang wrote:
    asrolsani wrote:worm to dragon What a Face

brand? DID, SSS, RK, RKM
    with or without o-ring?
    saiz? 428, 520...

Salam from PL Tang
    I've checked my bike.
    Rear/back sprocket is RKM 428 - 39 ( I guess 39 stand for 39 batang gigi)
    Chain is RKM 428H. Tak-ada o-ring. Kalau nak 0-ring, it will be RM200++.
    Front sprocket cannot see, I guess 15 gigi.

The more I ride the more "DRAGON" i feel. I guess the chain has settle-in. So guys, kumpul your RM100 and change to Kawasaki KIP aka Dragon KIPs.

Jangan terlalu "dragon"-nya. Nanti makan jalan tar, jangan salah saya ia????

Matthew

Post by Matthew on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:20 am

[quote="turbonoshayabusa"][quote="Matthew"]
    By the way by advancing the ignition timing..what results you get and basicly what is that will be tempered on the bike??[/quote]

Welding on your pick-up pulsor on your magneto. Results will be felt compared to what you feel if you don't advance it especially with a big ass pipe like the YYPang... Smile You haven't advanced yours bro?
    [/quote]

Does fixing just the endcan requires it??

turbonoshayabusa

Post by turbonoshayabusa on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Matthew wrote:
    turbonoshayabusa wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Does fixing just the endcan requires it??

Not really needed with a stock exhaust.... Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:37 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:37 pm