Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS


    Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Share

    melrom87

    Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by melrom87 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:59 pm

    Need some help...I'm looking for stock parts for my project bike Kawasaki Serpico 150..pls advice..thanks. I'm from Philippines.

    HNM4844

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by HNM4844 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:15 pm

    what part are you looking for??

    melrom87

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by melrom87 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:24 am

    I need side mirrors, tail light lens, signal light lens and flairings. And also a 2t reservoir box. I bought a 3rd hand kawasaki serpico 150 and need to restore its performance and beauty. I want to upgrade also its block and kips but dnt know where to order its parts. Im looking for its parts number in a catalogue but none was found. Pls help and advice. Thanks.

    HNM4844

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by HNM4844 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 am

    i think you better look at the sparepart segment of this forum. I dont really knew all the parts yet.just learned to open the engine...any way,good luck there Very Happy

    melrom87

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by melrom87 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:19 pm

    Anyway, what model is your bike?

    Matthew

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by Matthew on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:39 pm


    The dude is using a ZX150 and its known as the KRR150 in Malaysia bro..u can also get in touch with brother name ALLDISC here, he knows well bout inside and out of the model your talking about.. Cool

    melrom87

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by melrom87 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:46 pm

    Here's my project bike:


    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=322104511174388&id=100001245260877&set=a.318782691506570.88874.100001245260877&ref=bookmark&__user=100001245260877


    melrom87

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by melrom87 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:49 pm

    Matthew wrote:
    The dude is using a ZX150 and its known as the KRR150 in Malaysia bro..u can also get in touch with brother name ALLDISC here, he knows well bout inside and out of the model your talking about.. Cool

    Thanks bro. I will try to pm alldisc...maybe he can help me to get the parts number and catalog.

    alldisc

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by alldisc on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:21 pm

    Matthew wrote:
    The dude is using a ZX150 and its known as the KRR150 in Malaysia bro..u can also get in touch with brother name ALLDISC here, he knows well bout inside and out of the model your talking about.. Cool

    wahh.. selling my name is it? you must buy me pulling tea ok?? ha ha.. teh tarik 1 jag besar.

    anyway Melrom87,

    krz is a very old bike, where parts are rare and hard to find. even we in malaysia also finding it hard to find parts, except for engine, suspension and electrical.

    i believe thailand is easier to source parts, over there known as Serpico and Scorpion... they are KRZs using some thailand-sourced parts.

    as to what you are looking... tail lamp lens, or signal lens... they are both just as hard to get.

    Matthew

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by Matthew on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:43 pm

    Very Happy ..Haha no worries Sifu [color=orange]ALLDISC[/color] when we meet up for Pull Tea Session surely you can expect the jug (If the shop dude has to offer) and BTW can you affort the whole jug??? sure big tank huhuhu... lol! ..so Melrome hope you got your answer from [color=orange]ALLDISC[/color] Sir and maybe you check out on thailand forums and try googling for the parts seeked on the net.. Cool

    alldisc

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by alldisc on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:21 pm

    dont forget, try e-bay...

    but unless, if you want a complete bike.. it is a lot easier. i even know 1 shop still selling unregistered unit of KRZ... and the bike is already like 17 yrs old. mileage... ZERO.

    Matthew

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by Matthew on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 am


    Yeah.. same like his bike when he bought it at that same shop ..zero mileage with a new registration...so basically the bike was hibernating for years and sir ALLDISC woke it up from its sleep huhu... Cool

    melrom87

    Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by melrom87 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:21 pm

    Thanks Sir Matthew and Alldisc for some advices...im still searching on what site that i can find thailand forums and source out some parts. However there's this language barrier. By the way, how much is the whole bike from the shop(in US dollars)?

    BoyKL

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by BoyKL on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:32 am

    alldisc wrote:dont forget, try e-bay...

    but unless, if you want a complete bike.. it is a lot easier. i even know 1 shop still selling unregistered unit of KRZ... and the bike is already like 17 yrs old. mileage... ZERO.

    Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know the price of that bike? Thank you in advance.

    alldisc

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by alldisc on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:50 am

    BoyKL wrote:
    alldisc wrote:dont forget, try e-bay...

    but unless, if you want a complete bike.. it is a lot easier. i even know 1 shop still selling unregistered unit of KRZ... and the bike is already like 17 yrs old. mileage... ZERO.

    Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know the price of that bike? Thank you in advance.

    yes, did query at the bike shop... 9.6K.

    FUUUUUU......

    BoyKL

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by BoyKL on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:01 pm

    alldisc wrote:
    BoyKL wrote:
    alldisc wrote:dont forget, try e-bay...

    but unless, if you want a complete bike.. it is a lot easier. i even know 1 shop still selling unregistered unit of KRZ... and the bike is already like 17 yrs old. mileage... ZERO.

    Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know the price of that bike? Thank you in advance.

    yes, did query at the bike shop... 9.6K.

    FUUUUUU......
    How is it like the price now compared to the time during its reign at the top?

    melrom87

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by melrom87 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:44 pm

    9.6K is equivalent to hw many US dollars?

    nekman

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by nekman on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:25 pm

    currently RM1 = USD 0.33, so roughly USD3,100

    Matthew

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by Matthew on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:42 am


    Thats quite expensive i see hmm..can you afford it bro??

    melrom87

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by melrom87 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 pm

    Wow that's too xpensive for an old model bike. Well, need to find 2nd hand ones.

    Matthew

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by Matthew on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:40 am


    Yeah bro better that way, it will be affordable for you then.

    melrom87

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by melrom87 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:13 am

    Sir alldisc,

    I jst want to ask f i can upgrade my block and kips from 1724 to 1855? Pls advice.

    melrom87

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by melrom87 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:03 am

    Jst want to ask f i can change my block from 1724 to 1855 using same stock kips of KRZ?

    Matthew

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by Matthew on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:57 pm


    Now where did Sir All Disc disapeard to hmmm??

    alldisc

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by alldisc on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:07 pm

    BoyKL wrote:
    alldisc wrote:
    BoyKL wrote:
    alldisc wrote:dont forget, try e-bay...

    but unless, if you want a complete bike.. it is a lot easier. i even know 1 shop still selling unregistered unit of KRZ... and the bike is already like 17 yrs old. mileage... ZERO.

    Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know the price of that bike? Thank you in advance.

    yes, did query at the bike shop... 9.6K.

    FUUUUUU......
    How is it like the price now compared to the time during its reign at the top?

    it was about RM10,000 15 years back.. yes, like no difference at all. stupid greedy shop owner.
    but i got mine at 6.2K, bargain isnt it? also new unregistered.

    melrom87 wrote:Jst want to ask f i can change my block from 1724 to 1855 using same stock kips of KRZ?
    the block is plug and play, cylinder head cover, piston.. everything fits. some problem you may face with the pv shafts though.. original 1724 pv is marginally smaller while 1855 is not. so some extra freeplay may occur.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Kawasaki Serpico 150 Restoration

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:12 pm


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:12 pm