Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

Chain & sprockets kit

wirdy

Chain & sprockets kit

Post by wirdy on Thu May 31, 2012 1:58 am

Had a good check of my chain & sprockets and I do need new items.
    I see from the forum that standard is 15/39, although i may go 14/41 as i rarely go stupid fast ,but does anyone that has fitted a kit know what other bikes the kit fits? That would give me a head start. Also, chain spec?

I can't get parts for my bike here in UK, so have to search for other bikes that use the same components!

danio623

Re: Chain & sprockets kit

Post by danio623 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:21 am

Hi Wirdy,i'm Danio623 here from Malaysia.Oh yes,u can go for RKM chain 428 (thick chain) which widely used for bikes in Malaysia. Arhh,14/41 u can drag ur bike longer distance before you change ur top speed gear......

wirdy

Post by wirdy on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Well, I couldn't get the same sprockets, so have had to oreder a rear sprocket for a Kawa AR125 (36 teeth) and the front sprocket in 13 teeth. The chain I removed was a 520 - this is wrong for our bikes, so maybe the reason whty the sprockets were so worn. So have ordered a DID 428 standard chain too.
    That's the closest I can get, apart from ordering parts from your neck of the woods, but the postage costs on heavy chain & sprockets kit would be a killer!

danio623

Post by danio623 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:18 am

Hi Wirdy,I think tis time u got the right sprockets and chain. Yes, it should be in tis size for chain D.I.D 428,hopefully u got a thick material. Yes,when the chain and sprockets is difference it would be worn very fast.Where did u order those sprockets and chain from? I mean which country?What about in ITALY and others foreigner countries? U can check through the YOUTUBE.COM cuz other foreigner countries,i do see them have those bike there. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:12 pm

Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:12 pm