Kawasaki Kips Owners

FORUM FOR ALL GENERATION OF KAWASAKI KIPS

Top Service

LuNaCy

Top Service

Post by LuNaCy on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:26 am

Assalamu'alaikum,

Something is play in my mind. i just wanna ask, when any of you doing top service, what exactly top service is?.. what are the things or services that the mechanic done.. and in what range of price.. =) hehe hopefully any one can share =)

thanks cheers cheers

nekman

Re: Top Service

Post by nekman on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:17 pm

LuNaCy wrote:Assalamu'alaikum,

Something is play in my mind. i just wanna ask, when any of you doing top service, what exactly top service is?.. what are the things or services that the mechanic done.. and in what range of price.. =) hehe hopefully any one can share =)

thanks
    During my last top service, what the mechanic did was
    1) Dismantle the block and all the pv parts, clean and service it, check the block if there is any scratch
    2) Dismantle the piston clean the piston head, inspect the ring groove and conrod bearing.
    3) Change piston ring & pin
    4) Dismantle the carburator, clean it
    5) Dismantle the exhaust and decarbonize, then give it a nice black paint.
    6) Change coolant & Engine Oil (4T)
    7) Change spark plug
    Price less than RM200.... the feeling after it... priceless!!!
    Note: I did not change the conrod bearing & pin (since mechanic judge still in good condition), In next service i will definitely change it for a peace of mind.

lumin

Post by lumin on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:10 pm

nekman wrote:
    LuNaCy wrote:Assalamu'alaikum,

thanks
    During my last top service, what the mechanic did was
    1) Dismantle the block and all the pv parts, clean and service it, check the block if there is any scratch
    2) Dismantle the piston clean the piston head, inspect the ring groove and conrod bearing.
    3) Change piston ring & pin
    4) Dismantle the carburator, clean it
    5) Dismantle the exhaust and decarbonize, then give it a nice black paint.
    6) Change coolant & Engine Oil (4T)
    7) Change spark plug
    Price less than RM200.... the feeling after it... priceless!!!
    Note: I did not change the conrod bearing & pin (since mechanic judge still in good condition), In next service i will definitely change it for a peace of mind.

Bro, may i know where did you service your bike?

LuNaCy

Post by LuNaCy on Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:29 pm

less than RM 200.00.. waaa where did you service your bike.. i ask bt caves shop, besides the welly one.. they charge about 200 ++.. huhu..

nekman

Post by nekman on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:56 pm

The shop is in JB bro, recommended by Bro rais here (Called Bro Panjang, in Jalan Susur)
    http://kips.forumotions.net/technical-talks-f3/clutch-plate-rosaktulun-bagi-pandangan-t268.htm#11671

As for price, bare in mind my bike is zsr, not zx.. the parts price might be different, top of head has no gasket (so lesser price there)
    The price was in Nov 2009....and the job take about (6hours) 4pm until 10pm.

In front of his shop you will find this bike (hehe champion mechanic...)

nota kaki...Fuhh penat say sepeking omputeh nih

kingslayer

Post by kingslayer on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 pm

perghhh... nekman.. mmg terbaik dari ladang... heheh...

insyaAllah dlm 3 ~ 4 minggu akan bawa ke bro panjang utk diservice.. "luar & dalam"..

LuNaCy

Post by LuNaCy on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:55 pm

OooOO.. no wonder a bit cheaper than what im ask before.. thanks for the info bro nekman.. im still in process saving money for top services.. hehehe.. hopefully i can do the services before my mileage reach 20k. cheers cheers

ranjau_berduri

Post by ranjau_berduri on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:55 pm

In front of his shop you will find this bike (hehe champion mechanic...)

waaaa.... so mr nekman's bike very fast la right now... CAN REACH 240km/j maaaaaa....

alldisc

Post by alldisc on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:55 pm

sarcastic

fm

Post by fm on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:28 pm

i sent it for service for less than rm200. everything was alright, so just change saprk plug, gaskets n add new coolant n tuning. ah cheng taman hormat

kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:34 pm

i sent it to kawasaki sunrock as usual even a 14 year old bikes,they really give tip top service with a smile

Most recommended place and reliable parts available. for parts category u can look for mrs lee.

dakad27

Post by dakad27 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:02 pm

if at kawa center ..how much its charge bro for top service?

kr150c87

Post by kr150c87 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Youve got to standby at least budget estimated rm 500 or maybe more, for more reliability and original parts.

Their service is top.and u get 10% discount if u service there only for kawasaki loyalty customers.

And for first timer,you can register for free, for owner of the bikes only.

wadin

Post by wadin on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Salam...
    Every month i try my best to saving a few hundred buck for next future top service.normally budget runaway Very Happy Very Happy .For Engine part i prefer for Original One..... Sometime the price for original part more cheaper than u buy at outside shop...

god bless we all

KaizerRascal

Post by KaizerRascal on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:03 am

Hi,
    I'm a KR rider from Singapura,any rider there can take me to a recommended workshop for accessories and parts? JB perhaps Very Happy
    Keep Ridin (KR) ................

nekman

Post by nekman on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:52 pm

KaizerRascal wrote:Hi,
    I'm a KR rider from Singapura,any rider there can take me to a recommended workshop for accessories and parts? JB perhaps Very Happy
    Keep Ridin (KR) ................

Welcome bro Kaizer,
    Our JB rider contact can be found here
    http://kips.forumotions.net/general-talks-f1/kippers-phone-book-location-reg-number-t112.htm

Please intro about yourself in here
    http://kips.forumotions.net/general-talks-f1/pembuka-bicara-aka-introduction-t108.htm
    If you would like to meet 30++ KRR riders at one time, be in JB on 12/6/2010 (morning), info can be found here
    http://kips.forumotions.net/events-activities-f2/ride-jelajah-kips-t739.htm

Welcome

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:04 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:04 am