Raksasa wrote:any one willing to enlighten me? My bike has just being clocked in at 2000km. First service done at 1000km, everything is stock. using Castrol power 1 2T now. First time i ride a bike is at the driving academy, then the second time is 2mths ago.
1) How to warm up the bike properly? Because i heard that most engine failures are the result of riding your machine while its still cold. i normally just start the bike and let it run on idle for 5 mins.
2) When the engine is cold, is it normal that the bike produce white smoke? because when i first rode my bike, this never happen. but about 900km, white snoke starts to form when the engine is cold. the amount of the smoke increase day by day.... =(
3) My bike is feeling heavier and heavier, feels that it has lost some power. Is this the result of improper break-in method or its just my 2T? my bike is broken-in following the manual book.
4) Where do you guys recommend for me to mod or service my bike around PJ/Damansara area? because the workshop that i bought my bike from is not being honest with me. always offer me higher price then wait for me to negotiate. They offered me Castrol power 1 2T for rm30 when my 2T finished. damn, i hate it when they do that. summore they lubricated my chain with used minyak hitam without asking me. now i am so sad that my bike is badly treated..... summore im only a student, they also want to pancung.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!! =)
BTW, is there any unofficial TTS going on? im living in Damansara. can contact me anytime for TTS or just a meetup or anything if u need help, just want to meet you guys and learn from you guys. alot to learn. im a student working part time, so my schedule is fixed la. hehe. 012-2878-676 Ah Mao.
Hey bro, welcome to the forum. Here are my comments on your queries,
1)Yep, thats okay for warming up, though i would say exactly 5 minutes is probably too long. Just let it idle till the point that the engine wont die off. By the time you ride your bike, most likely your engine is reluctant(sluggish) to go above certain rpm(in my case somewhere around 6k), DONT FORCE IT!!. just Ride slow and easy maintaning below the rpm where it starts to slug, and in a few moments, your bike PV is ready for some screaming.
2)White smoke during startup is norm, especially a new bike, it would most likely means your 2T pump is working accordingly, you should really start to worry if your bike produce NO SmOKE AT ALL, then you need to panic as it is an early indicator that your 2T Pump isnt working, check your 2T and ensure that it is consumed accordingly, according to kips standard meter, a full tank of 2T will probably last your up to 800-1.2k Km. Also, note this, try to avoid using cheap 2T, the bike will be sluggish for sure and its pretty harmfull to the engine. Fav choices around here are the Quicksilver, or my fav is sikolene 2T Comp.
3) well, most of the time, break in methods are highly debateable. No harm breaking in following the manual and no harm revving like crazy as well. I highly doubt that your power loss is caused by bad break in method. Probably the 2T? or maybe something else, but before that, be specific in your power loss, which power band? pv open? or off? lets reduce possibilities before we come to a conclusion.
4) well, im no fan of castrol(though i use castrol edge for my car), so i cannot comment on the price. The use of used engine oil to lube your chains is not in any way harmfull. Its okay, the only difference with used engine oil and premium chain lubes, is that premium chain lubes stays on the chain longer, can tolerate a certain amount of rain and mud that gets in your chain, those black oil tends to splash around, but worry not, no harm is done. For engine or major mods, i usually go to ah cheng sunway. But simple mods, just go to any of your nearest favourtie garage.
You can check out the event thread and search out for PUTRAJAYA TT session, feel free to join us anytime, we have mostly unofficial TT sessions, on average we hang out 4-5 days weekly. Or do call/sms me at anytime to confirm our hangout time and date, sometimes putrajaya kippers do hangout at my place(puchong).
Btw, too much mod has been done on my bike that im getting lazy to post it up here, my bike is currently totally different from the pics posted here. So... if you're keeping and eye out for that bike, rest assured you wont fine one... hehe. Contact ne at 012-9411558 Jay.